On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 01:49:21 +0000
> Peter Humphrey <pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 01 November 2012 00:07:36 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> >
> > > that phone is the master base station for the other two slave
> > > handsets. Unplug it, and the house phone stops working; this will
> > > upset missus/daughter mightily as they can't speak to granny 10 time
> > > a day anymore. [ don't ask, please don't ask :-) ]
> >
> > Ah, sympathy duly offered.
> >
> > Surely you could negotiate a period of a few minutes in which to
> > conduct a test? At least then you'd know.
> >

> I'd need a full day to do a reasonable test.
>
> I suppose I could just issue a decree:
>
> "Nov 3 shall now be known as No Phone Day"!
>

> --
> Alan McKinnon
> alan.mckin...@gmail.com
>

> Keep looking for other EMI sources. Over the summer I took the side of my
server case off to clean dust out the CPU heat sink. With the machine back
in place but the side of the case off the AP in my office was dropping
packets all over the place. Download speeds went to about 30%. Case back on
and speeds went right back up.

Keep looking for EMI sources near the router. Mess with the antenna
positions. If all the machines are having trouble then most likely it's
something in that area, phone or otherwise.

Good luck,
Mark