在 2012年11月10日 星期六 20:56:45,pk 写道:
> On 2012-11-10 03:03, walt wrote:
> > :)  systemd is coming whether you or I like it or not so I'm trying to
> >
> > stay a bit ahead of the tsunami, that's all.
>
> Yes, systemd may be coming and may even become mandatory for
the Linux
> kernel (given it's marriage with udev). when that comes, I'd rather go
> *BSD or even Windows for that matter. The current plan is going
mdev,
> following Walter Dnes fine example, when I can find the time
(perhaps
> during xmas).

byebye  haters .  Comunitiy doesn't need people like you.

> > The emotions started running high when Lennart pushed
pulseaudio on us
> > awhile ago, and he's doing it again now with systemd.  I didn't see
the
> > purpose for pulse until I (finally) bought a new computer with
audio
> > hardware I'd never seen before, and then I finally understood why
he
> > invented this silly pulse nonsense.
>
> I don't use pulseaudio and never will. Alsa is working fine, using
> hardware mixer. I really don't understand why you would want to
use a
> second layer on top of the hardware driver, I thought we gave that
up
> years ago, abandoning the ESD and aRts.
>
> > I still don't quite understand the entire motivation behind systemd
but
> > I'll bet it will become obvious to me in the future.
>
> I'm sure...
>
> > A speedy reboot is very nice for those of use who compile and test
a new
> > kernel from Linus every morning and file kernel bug reports when
> > appropriate. If I do find a kernel bug I may need to
recompile/reboot
> > many times as quickly as my machine can do it, so saving 15-20
seconds
> > per reboot cycle just feels less painful :)
>
> Ok. For me, when booting, the most time spent is in the bios cycle.
> Booting from grub takes maybe 5-10 seconds...

Then find something to boost the BIOS. Yeah , UEFI goes out, and you
say: BIOS is fine with me ,  I don't need UEFI.

> > I didn't intend to preach, I intended to brag that I got it working :p
>
> Ok, I just read it as "preaching" but I guess you can see it that way
> too. I was just a bit tired I guess, sorry!

conclude:

        You maybe paid by some Linux hate company to express like this.

--
< gentoo rocks >