Michael Mol wrote:
> "you wouldn't have this problem if you did *something else*" is a
> terrible response. There are very good reasons to use LVM. There are
> good (IMO, at least) reasons to avoid using an initr* on Gentoo.
> (Those reasons are sprinkled through the thread, some spoken by me,
> some spoken by others.) You'll find most of the people in the
> discussion so far aren't against initr* in all cases. It's the
> increase in number of cases where it becomes technically required
> that's a problem. -- :wq

You are right on LVM.  I put / on a normal partition specifically
because I wanted to avoid a init thingy.  Only / and /boot are on normal
partitions, everything else is on LVM.  LVM takes a bit to get used to
but when you run out of space or have way to much space, you can move
things around easily.

LVM is the best move I made in a good while.  Thanks to all the folks
who helped be convert too.  :-D

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!