[...]

> But it fixes how udev it's packaged in Gentoo, which is very good
> news. I haven't upgraded, since I need systemd-197 also (which wasn't
> yet in the tree yesterday), and I don't use LVM, but I'm wondering if
> the LVM problem happens when you use an initramfs. I'm guessing it
> doesn't, since udev should read rules from /lib/udev/rules.d AND
> /usr/lib/udev/rules.d.

I don't use an initramfs but neither do i have a separate /usr. Still, lvm2
hung after the udev upgrade. So it probably did _not_ search the old location.

Though, after pressing ^C, lvm2 terminated and some fall back mechanism kicked
in and the system worked just fine - i.e. was able to mount the lvm volumes.
I'm actually not sure what that means (or which "system" was responsible for
that fall back).

Sascha