> I have had systems in the past who refused to boot because the
> motherboard time was off, and at first it looked like that was the
> problem again.

OpenBSD takes the time from the filesystem in that case and boots. I
wish linux did. I had a mate who used to ring me up everytime his mother
in law unplugged the laptop and it was a laptop that's cmos was a pain
to replace. I believe he ended up in 2034 or something after a few
months because I told him the bios key and meant he could avoid
fsck that sometimes gave him various problems =-)

He was anti slow machines (Vista) and liked linux after being
skeptical. I can't see him trying linux again now :-(

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)