Am 31.01.2013 19:06, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:

> I tries in the consoles c11, c12, and then on the c13 and 14.

Yes, I noticed that trying-around as well ...

> I don't
> know why, but it would seem that gdm-password fails to authenticate
> you.

Just changed my password to something simple without german umlauts or
special characters to rule out charset-topics. No change.

> Do you have anything in /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/? I only have
> 50-default.rules, which Gentoo adds.

Same here.

> Also check
> /usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d.

These 2 files:

# cat 01-org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.settings.modify.system.rules
// Let users in plugdev group modify NetworkManager
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
    if (action.id ==
"org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.settings.modify.system" &&
        subject.isInGroup("plugdev") && subject.active) {
        return "yes";
    }
});

# cat gnome-control-center.rules
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
        if (action.id == "org.freedesktop.hostname1.set-static-hostname" &&
            subject.local &&
            subject.active &&
            subject.isInGroup ("wheel")) {
                    return polkit.Result.YES;
            }
});

-

My user "sgw" is members of both mentioned groups, btw:

# getent group wheel
wheel:x:10:root,sgw

# getent group plugdev
plugdev:x:443:haldaemon,sgw