Am 2013-01-31 19:54, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:

> sshd.service, ssh@.service, systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service, and
> systemd-update-utmp-shutdown.service have auditd.service in their
> After= field; several others have plymouth services. After= is just
> for ordering of units, is not a requirement; systemd detects that
> auditd.service doesn't exists, and it starts the units that have it in
> ther After= field anyway. To make a unit depend on another, you need
> Require=.
>
> You can mask the services you don't have by creating a soft link to /dev/null:
>
> # ll /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Aug 16 13:51
> /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service -> /dev/null
>
> It cleans up the output of systemctl --full --all.

Ok, so I don't need auditd or plymouth, right?

> Well, I have no idea why your gdm is not letting you log in; obviously
> it's related to polkit (since it started when you changed from
> consolekit to polkit), but nothing in your config seems to differ from
> mine. It is not impossible that somehow the configuration files of the
> gdm user got messed up when the change happened. I don't know how this
> could happen, but as a hail Mary you could delete /var/lib/gdm, and
> reemerge it so it gets a clean install.

Tried that as well, same problems after .... :-(

> Also, you have USE=pam for polkit, right?

Yes.

[I] sys-auth/polkit
     Available versions:  0.107-r1 0.110 {examples gtk +introspection
kde nls pam selinux systemd}
     Installed versions:  0.110(19:19:55 30.01.2013)(gtk introspection
nls pam systemd -examples -kde -selinux)

> And could you post the
> output from "journalctl -b /usr/lib/polkit-1/polkitd"?

That is empty!