Holly Bostick <motub <at> planet.nl> writes:

> James schreef:

> > Say 'Hello, to my little friend'

> > arpscan

> > http://ish.cx/~jason/arpscan/

> > Sure would be nice if is was ported to an ebuild......

> Some reason you can't submit one to b.g.o (if that hasn't been done
> already)?

Hello Holly,

I'm not sure what 'b.g.o.' refers to, (sorry I don't get out much).

If your saying that why don't I make a formal request, well, I
figure I've already requested too much
(jffnms, updated zoneminder, netenv) None of which is completed (unmasked).
I figure I've worn out my welcome at gentoo.*....

I've been 'schooled' several times that I need to read up on creating
ebuilds, and start contributing (actually I agree with this sort
of public spanking...)

Contributing ebuils is on my to_do list, but, I have yet to
get a project completed. I'm a little 'gun_shy' as to receiving
another disertation on my ineptness.......

So when I'm confident that I can contribute ebuilds, I'll let your
and the 'greater gentoo' community know.

Somebody else what looking for a solution to finding ethernet based
hardware on a 802.3 wiring topology. As an espiring emebedded hack,
I often get minimal stacks working with the mac address. So I have
experience with ARP (much more than most are interested in).

Arpscan  can be useful.

So my reply should have been truncated....(again another scolding
well deserved)......

New Answer:

arpscan
http://ish.cx/~jason/arpscan/