Hi Gentoo-users,

I noticed one thing on my server: during boot-up no message
about firewall being started is printed on console. I always
have to check manually if iptables-rules have been loaded.
Strange thing, when doing shutdown, I see messages I expect:

* Saving iptables state ...                  [ ok ]
* Stopping firewall ...                      [ ok ]

I checked also /etc/init.d/iptables and I think it should
show some messages at start:

start() {
checkconfig || return 1
ebegin "Loading ${iptables_name} state and starting firewall"
${iptables_bin}-restore ${SAVE_RESTORE_OPTIONS} < "${iptables_save}"
eend $?
}

Can someone explain to me why this message is not printed?

Jarry