On 2013-04-02 3:21 PM, Jarry <mr.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 02-Apr-13 21:13, Paul Hartman wrote:
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Peter Humphrey
<pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:
The most important para to me in the news item was: "The feature can
also be
completely disabled using net.ifnames=0 on the kernel command line."
I just
added that to my grub.conf entries and I sail blissfully on with eth0.

I updated remote virtual server (xen guest) and added this same
option, crossed my fingers and rebooted, eth0 was still there and I
was happy.

I think it is not necessary to add any options. If after upgrading
to udev200 you do not do anything, after reboot you still have eth0.
"Empty" 80-net-name-slot.rules takes care of it...

?

Are you saying that now, with udev-200, the default is the OLD way, and you have to intentionally enable the NEW way??

This is mind-boggling.