The problem is that the definition of 'correctly' has changed. I don't
know if this is 'correctly' from your perspective of 'this is how I'm
used to seeing it' or 'correctly' from any of the three or more ways one
could use udev. The various defintions of 'correctly' may not overlap.

If they're showing up as eth0/eth1...why? Is it because you disabled
udev's renaming entirely via the kernel command-line parameter? Because
you've done some magic in /etc/udev/rules.d/?

If the former, then OK, this is a different issue. If the latter, be
aware that this isn't a supported configuration! You may very well have
to rename your interfaces before this is done, or let udev rename them
for you.