On 08-Apr-13 19:19, Michael Mol wrote:
On 04/08/2013 12:28 PM, Bruce Hill wrote:
On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 10:58:38PM -0400, Randy Barlow wrote:
On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 22:35:22 -0400
Nick Khamis <sym...@gmail.com> wrote:
As for /sbin/ip. I have no such command.

I'd recommend installing and becoming familiar with the iproute2
package. I personally find the tools it delivers to be more intuitive
than the older tools, and I *think* they are considered to obsolote some
tools, such as ifconfig.

Ack to Randy's. FWIW: http://inai.de/2008/02/19

That page has a handy list at the end. I've gone back to the page twice
today...bookmarked.

Maybe time to update our Gentoo Handbook to use "ip" instead
of "ifconfig/route" so that users could get used to it right
during installation...

Jarry