On 04/23/13 20:10, J. Roeleveld wrote:

[snip]
I'm using SQL-Ledger (firefox) to access the postgresql.
Brief history:
I had a problem in the past when I upgraded to posgresql-9.1, all of a
sudden I could not access the sql-ledger.

The solution was to add "postgres group" to apache user.
The reason for it was the change in directory permission:

postgresql 8.x
drwxrwx--x 2 postgres postgres 4096 Dec 14 19:57 /var/run/postgresql/

postgresql 9.x
drwxrwx--- 2 postgres postgres 4096 Dec 19 13:21 /var/run/postgresql/

So:
groups apache
apache postgres

groups postgres
postgres

I hope this is correct as adding group "apache" to postgres user does
not work.

But I just realized that any user from local network can access my
sql-ledger using browser.
--
Joseph

Joseph.

I am guessing Apache is running on the same machine as your Postgresql server?

In this case. The connection will always originate from localhost and
Postgresql is behaving as it should.

You will need to secure access to the website to avoid people accessing it.

Kind regards

Joost Roeleveld

Yes, every machine I run has apache on it, so  Postgresql server runs on it as
well.
If I'm connecting from another network machine to a server, how does it
originate from localhost?

Something is not correct.

--
Joseph