On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:00:50AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote

> That's not quite how I read it, but... gdisk has an option to completely
> erase both GPT and DOS partition tables.

  I erased the GPT table.

> Why anyone would choose to use the ultra-kludged DOS partition tables
> when GPT is so much more elegant is beyond me, unless they have old
> hardware that can't read a GPT disk.

  Familiarity, I suppose.  I've used the same layout for several years.
fdisk can easily handle a 1 terabyte disk.  For now, my big change is to
use ext4fs instead of Reiserfs for my main partition.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>