Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 10 May 2013 07:10:19 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> Well, when I bought my 3Tb drive, I had to use GPT.  Yea, I had to
>> figure it out but it ain't the end of the world.  I think I used cgdisk
>> since I usually use cfdisk.  They are a lot alike is one reason I used
>> it.  If I ever replace a drive, I'll likely use cgdisk for it too.
> I used to use cfdisk, but switched to fdisk because cfdisk's partition
> alignment wasn't good on large drives. That's not a problem with cgdisk.

That was why I had to use cgdisk.  The drive is large.  I think cfdisk
spit out a error or something.  I'm to old and it was to long ago.  lol
On my other disks, I'm not sure I had even heard of cgdisk when I set
them up.

>> Sort
>> of slowly switch over as I can.  My worry is forgetting which I used
>> which on.
> There's nothing to remember, cgdisk and gdisk are interchangable, and
> either will warn you if you try to use them on a DOS partitioned drive
> (and vice versa for fdisk/cfdisk).

That's good to know.  At least I know now if I run cfdisk on a drive
that I am supposed to use cgdisk on, I'll get a notice.  Thanks for that
tidbit.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!