On 02/08/13 00:28, Tanstaafl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ok, rehashing this, but please don't turn it into another udev vs
> systemd thread.
>
> I have an older server that I have been putting off this update,
> debating on whether to update to the regular udev, or to eudev.
>
> I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
> find any explicit instructions for *how* to switch from udev to eudev.
>
> The eudev project page is sparse, to say the least.
>
> Anyone?

Something like

olympus ~ # cat /etc/portage/package.mask
>=sys-fs/udev-180
olympus ~ #

olympus ~ # grep udev /etc/portage/package.keywords
sys-fs/eudev ~amd64
=virtual/udev-206 ~amd64
olympus ~ #

unmerge everything udev && emerge eudev

its been much less fuss and bother than trying to stick with the udev
machinations - I have maybe 15 machines and vm's running eudev, no udev
... :)

BillK