On 02/08/13 07:42, Samuli Suominen wrote:
> On 02/08/13 02:27, William Kenworthy wrote:
>> On 02/08/13 00:28, Tanstaafl wrote:
>
> so why follow with unreliable fork, when there is the official package
> available with equal features?

easy - it works and while I had machines running some of each it was
only the udev machines that needed continual maintenance in that area.
The latest and greatest isnt always the best.

I believe one of the goals of eudev was stability and the old way of
doing things which I want and get ... after removing gnome3 and
installing LXDE where I need a desktop (and LXDE is moving from gnome2
to QT, even better) I am getting less and less interested in creating
ongoing pain for myself with udev/systemd/gnome etc.

There may be bugs, but on my installations its been udev thats created
the hassles.

BillK