2013/8/27 Francisco Ares <fra...@gmail.com>

>>> No, unfortunately. But I am able to use the grub console prior to boot.
>>>
>>> By doing so, I have listed the command about to be used to boot the
>>> first entry in the grub menu, it installs some modules. In regard of file
>>> systems, it only loads a ext2 module, and the root partition is ext4
>>> formated.
>>>
>>> Although this kernel has ext2, ext3 and ext4 built in (not modules), can
>>> this be a cue?  Right now I am preparing to format the root partition as
>>> ext2, just to check this out.
>>>
>>> Thanks again
>>> Francisco
>>>

>> It didn't work, so I suppose the embedded ext2, ext3 and ext4 in the
>> kernel is not the issue, and might be working.  Going to explore the grub
>> console now.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Francisco
>>

> In the grub console, prior to boot, I was able to mount any partition
> using commands like:
>
> root=(hd0,msdos5)
>
> and then listing the directory tree structure with " ls / " gave the
> expected results.
>
> Francisco

I think I might have found it.  Although I have selected in the kernel
"menuconfig" to compress the initramfs using gzip and deselected all other
decompression forms. a simple "file initramfs-xxx" told me that it was "XZ
compressed data", so now I am rebuilding the kernel with all decompression
algorithms built in.

I will (hope) soon post the results.

Thanks,
Francisco