Am 27.08.2013 22:40, schrieb Francisco Ares:

>> I think I might have found it.  Although I have selected in the kernel
>> "menuconfig" to compress the initramfs using gzip and deselected all other
>> decompression forms. a simple "file initramfs-xxx" told me that it was "XZ
>> compressed data", so now I am rebuilding the kernel with all decompression
>> algorithms built in.
>>
>> I will (hope) soon post the results.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Francisco
>>

> It did not work :-(

You could try generating an initramfs with dracut - see if that works.
You possible have to change the name of the initramfs in grub.cfg. Files
generated with dracut don't have *genkernel* in it's filename.

If you can boot with dracut initramfs, you can investigate why the
initramfs of genkernel does not work.