On 10/20/2013 04:24 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> Am 20.10.2013 08:34, schrieb Daniel Campbell:
>> hm, Redhat is one of the companies investing the most money into linux
>> kernel, userland, graphics... if you 'don't trust them' you are pretty
>> much 20 years too late.
>> Investing money does not make them any more qualified or deserving of
>> making decisions. Red Hat is not the sole user of Linux. They should
>> consider themselves lucky that they are even able to profit from
>> something that's free.
>>
>> You're right, though. They've been around for a while, and I've never
>> trusted them or any other corporate interest in *nix. There's always a
>> catch when dealing with a business.
>>

> 'have been around for a while' - replace that with 'are financing more
> core developers than anybody else'.

That's less reason to trust, not more. That's like citing the popularity
of something as proof of its quality, when oftentimes it's the exact
opposite that's true.

So they spend a lot of money hiring developers. The more important
question is what is their agenda? What do they tell those developers to
*make*? You don't hire people without a business plan in mind.