131102 hasufell had some more questions for users :
> * how often do you experience useless rebuilds?

Not recently : it used to happen more often.

> * do you really have a problem with running
> revdep-rebuild/haskell-updater/perl-cleaner etc after every emerge?

No.

> * do you think it's worth the effort to add more stuff to the PM,
> so that you don't have to run revdep-rebuild that often?

No, as I don't need R-R anymore.

> * do you trust the other methods like subslots or preserved-rebuild
> to work reliably? -- do you still use revdep-rebuild?

P-R seems to work adequately.

My big gripe is unnecessary dependencies, eg sound for KDE & FF.
It's part of the lowest-common-denominator approach
which seems to characterise Gnome, Ubuntu & M$ , but Gentoo should avoid.
That said, I'm generally very satisfied with Gentoo :
it's just over  10 years  since I first started using it.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca