On 02/04/14 18:03, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to go from "systemd" to "udev"?

I don't like the way systemd works.  I have a problem with mounting USB sick
(it mounts as root:root) and I can not even change the permission.
I am receiving Hylafax fax transmission reports (email) on all incoming
faxes and now these emails are empty.
It all start happening after switching to systemd :-(

If I'm not mistaken, systemd/udev doesn't mount removable devices by
default, it just notifies the system about new volume and creates
links under /dev/disk. In GNOME 3 udisks is the one doing the actual
mounting (AFAIU); with GNOME 2 it was gnome-volume-manager, etc.

What DE do you use? Are you using something like pmount?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

I'm using XFCE It all started to happen after I switched to systemd. So maybe on the weekend I'll try to switch one of the machine back to udev.
I think all I need is to unmerge "systemd" and emerge "udev" without rebooting.

--
Joseph