On 02/04/14 18:38, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:

[snip]

I'm using XFCE It all started to happen after I switched to systemd.  So
maybe on the weekend I'll try to switch one of the machine back to udev.
I think all I need is to unmerge "systemd" and emerge "udev" without
rebooting.

As others have said, udev *IS* systemd. It's the same code and
configuration [1].

And if you don't reboot after uninstalling systemd (while having
booted with it), I don't think your system will stay stable for much
longer.

I see that thunar depends on gvfs, which can use udisks or
gnome-disk-utility. Which one do you have? What does portage it says
when you do:

emerge -pv gnome-base/gvfs

If you have the gdu USE flag enabled, I recommend switching to udisks.
It's possible that it will fix everything, but I have never used Xfce,
so I'm not certain.

Do I need to put flag: systemd in make.conf file: USE="...
to enable it globally?

--
Joseph