On Sun, February 16, 2014 22:16, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
> <volkerar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> oh? I can pipe that output into cat or any any daemon I like? Doesn't
>> look like so.
>
> But it does, you can "cat" with journalctl; it's one of its output
>
>        -o, --output=
>            cat
>                generates a very terse output only showing the actual
> message of each journal entry with no meta data, not even a timestamp.

As I do not have systemd installed on any machine, I can't check the
man-pages.
But, if that is the only method to get parseable text from journalctl,
then that is less then useless.
I would expect an export option providing the same detail level as I
currently find in /var/log/messages.
A timestamp is a minimum required for logging system output.

--
Joost