On Thu, 17 April 2014, at 2:32 pm, Tom Wijsman <tom...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Do you seriously consider it up for debate whether or not it's a bug,
>> when daily error messages are produced and emailed to the system
>> admin?
>
> That depends on whether you consider that to be the expected behavior
> for the way it has been set up; the cause is already known, wrong perms.

Well, it seems to be the Gentoo devs that set it up this way.

You're the expert - you tell me why this is happening.

You haven't given me any explanation why this package is on a freshly-installed
Gentoo system, you haven't told me in the Gentoo install docs that I need to
configure this package, have you?

Stroller.