On 19.04.2014 21:33, Dale wrote:
> Matti Nykyri wrote:
>> On Apr 19, 2014, at 18:29, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> doesn't mean that you should leave your door unlocked. FWIW I
>>> just checked my bank's website encryption ... they *still* use
>>> RC4!!! O_O I guess they are keen to make sure all these
>>> customers with WinXP and MSIE 7.0 can still login? For crying
>>> out loud! It seems that RSA's days may be numbered and elliptic
>>> curve cryptography would be the way forward, not because of
>>> resource constrained mobile devices, but also because of recent
>>> advances in crypto-analytics which may make RSA obsolete:
>>> http://www.technologyreview.com/news/517781/math-advances-raise-the-prospect-of-an-internet-security-crisis/

How does one find out what their bank uses?  I'd like to check on
>>> what mine uses.  I have Seamonkey and Firefox installed here IF
>>> it matters.
>>
>> Well you can use ssllabs.com <http://ssllabs.com>. I use it for
>> debuging. Here is what Bank of America uses:
>>
>> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.bankofamerica.com&hideResults=on

- -Matti

> I get this.
>
> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=cadencebank.com&hideResults=on
>

> I don't know a lot about this encryption stuff but mine don't look
> to good.  :/  You got your test graded and mine seems to be bad
> enough to not even deserve a grading.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

You have to use the https-URLs like this one:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=secure1.cadencebanking.com&hideResults=on
Very secure your banks customer-login ;)

Time to move to a safer bank...

- --
Kind Regards,                             Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen,
Markus Kohlmeyer                                   Markus Kohlmeyer

PGP: 0xEBDF5E55 / 2A22 1F71 AA70 1AD1 231B 0178 759F 407C EBDF 5E55