On Thursday 17 Jul 2014 23:48:51 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> This is my /etc/locale.gen:
>
> en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8
> en_GB ISO-8859-1
> en_GB.ISO-8859-15 ISO-8859-15
>
> I don't remember why I still have those last two entries; I expect they
> date  from before Gentoo adopted UTF-8. Maybe I'll remove them and see
> what happens.

The last line is for Western European ASCII character encodings, just like
en_GB ISO-8859-1, but with the Euro symbol and some other accented characters
missing from the latter.

Nothing will happen if you remove the last two entries, because (I think) that
the UTF-8 character encodings cover all these.

--
Regards,
Mick