J. Roeleveld wrote:

> Update:
>
> No issues with glibc.
>
> I am not doing any parallel builds (eg. default of -j 1 is used)
>

> Let me know if you want any files for comparison.
>

> --
>
> Joost

I tried the same tarball you are using and it still failed.  Basically,
I unpacked the thing, copied over the portage tree and distfiles and
tried to emerge glibc and it failed.   It has to be something wrong on
my end here.  Heck, this last time, I didn't even touch make.conf.  I
looked to make sure it was set to something sane but didn't need to
change anything.  I don't need sync servers or mirror servers either
since I copy that over.

This is weird.

Dale

:-)  :-)