On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:13:20 +0100, Mick wrote:

> Also, I have seen everywhere bs=1048576 being used with the dd command
> for hybrid iso images, rather than bs=4096 or some other value.  I am
> not sure if writing a larger block size is of importance, but I mention
> it in case it makes a difference.

In my experience, anything over 4k makes little or no difference. The
filesystems have a 4k block size, so the default of 512 is dead slow, but
once you hit the block size the improvments stop.

I usually use dcfldd these days, which seems to do a good job of working
out the optimum block size for itself, instead of using a prehistoric
default.

--
Neil Bothwick

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.