On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 16:18:58 -0300, Henrique Lengler wrote:

> As I see the portage download the source of a released version, and then
> install it. But the patch isn't in a version.

So you want to apply a patch to the version already on portage?

> I think that make portage download the latest code also isn't a good
> idea so i don't know what changes in the ebuild can be done to make
> this work without the need of a version released by the author

You have two options. If the ebuild supports it, put the patch file
in /etc/portage/vat/pkg-version/ and re-emerge it. Many ebuild will pick
up user patches like this.

Alternatively, run "ebuild prepare /path/to/ebuild" to unpack the source
and apply any existing patches. It will tell you where it unpacked the
code, go there and apply your patch, then run "ebuild
merge /path/to/ebuild" to compile and install it.

--
Neil Bothwick

I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
week. Time to die.