Am 26.11.2014 um 21:39 schrieb Rich Freeman:

> Most devs can't wait to switch to git.  There are a few who might
> prefer to stick with cvs but overall I don't think that is preventing
> us from switching at all.

(without having read the whole thread, sorry)

my *personal opinion* is that git brings a lot of advantages to software
development.

I am still no programmer and maybe will never be .... but I use git for
some of my projects and customer-related stuff ...

It's clever and complex and simple at the same time somehow.

Sometimes I wonder why syncing portage isn't yet available via git ;-)

Maybe it isn't because more clever devs have decided it is not clever at
all :-)