I hope it is not hardware failure...
I'm checking dmesg on every reboot since failure of one of my server :)

I've found that I changed configuration of my kernel - cdrom driver is
loaded as module and must be loaded on boot (before hotplug/coldplug
?) for hdc to be created. Somehow parport_pc is loaded automaticly.

What can I do to force hotplug/coldplug to load ide-cd and so to force
udev to create hdc? I added ide-cd to
/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.