@Nicolas,

I think I'm getting it now. The patchsets are cumulative and I just need
the base patchset - right? I'm still a little unclear as to what kernel
source I should apply the base patchset to. I want to rebuild the 3.18.8
kernel to double check it's free of the bug...

I can see some nfs suspend patches here... So that could be culprit!
http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/trunk/3.18/1008_linux-3.18.9.patch

--

All the best,
Robert