On Sunday 05 April 2015 18:29:05 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

> Do you see anything that is actually broken?

Apart from perl-cleaner and portage? Emerge exiting silently after being
given a list of packages to emerge doesn't exactly seem like normal
behaviour to me. It was told "emerge -v1 ...[list of packages]" as in perl-
cleaner's usual behaviour. No ifs, no buts - just do it.

> Minor updates (5.x.y -> 5.x.y+1) do not need any rebuilds or
> reinstallations of modules.
>
> Not 100% sure what perl-cleaner does when you run it anyway. Maybe it
> reinstalls all, but it's not necessary.

I just ran it to see what it'd do. I got more than I'd bargained for.

> [Side note, your information on what perl-cleaner does is very vague, I
> can't distll anything useful out of it.]

The two virtuals were perl-File-Spec-3.480.100 and perl-Storable-2.490.100.
I hope you don't want me to list the hundreds of files it can't handle.

--
Rgds
Peter.