On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:17:32 -0400
Dave Nebinger wrote:

> You're looking at the difference between an mbox-based tool (pine) and a
> maildir-based tool (postfix).
>

> I'm not sure if the mbox/maildir USE flags can override the default
> behaviour, but you could try "-mbox maildir" in your USE flags and re-emerge
> both.

Where do you get the idea that pine has a mbox or maildir USE flag? It
doesn't:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Brother/UK-ENG $ emerge -pv pine

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild  N    ] app-misc/mime-types-3  5 kB
[ebuild  N    ] mail-client/pine-4.63-r2  -debug -kerberos -largeterminal -ldap
+pam -passfile +ssl 3,173 kB

Total size of downloads: 3,178 kB

However pine does have maildir built in,  If you look at the ebuild (or read as
it flashes past the screen) you will see:

maildir_warn() {
    einfo
    einfo "This build of Pine has Maildir support built in as"
    einfo "part of the chappa-all patch."
    einfo
    einfo "If you have a maildir at ~/Maildir it will be your"
    einfo "default INBOX. The path may be changed with the"
    einfo "\"maildir-location\" setting in Pine."
    einfo
    einfo "To use /var/spool/mail INBOX again, set"
    einfo "\"disable-these-drivers=md\" in your .pinerc file."
    einfo
    einfo "Alternately, you might want to read following webpage, which
explains how to"
    einfo "use multiple mailboxes simultaneously:"
    echo
    echo
"http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/pine-info/collections/incoming-folders/";
    echo