On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 05:19:46 -0700, walt wrote:

> Today's update started as a disaster:  perl wants to upgrade from
> 5.20.2 to 5.22.0, but all of my existing perl modules insist on having
> 5.20.2 so the perl update blocks and then emerge stopped with an error
> and left the whole mess for me to solve. (To me this appears to be a
> bug in the perl family of ebuilds.)

I've upgraded 4 machines so far and all of them handled it perfectly,
updating Perl and then installing or reinstalling the modules.

"emerge --update --deep --changed-use --ask -v --with-bdeps y --keep-going
@system @world" reported

 Total: 190 packages (49 upgrades, 141 reinstalls, 3
uninstalls), Size of downloads: 6,246 KiB Conflict: 3 blocks

The three blocks were handled automatically by portage.

Which version of portage are you using?

--
Neil Bothwick

Smoking Can Damage Your Health....Unless us Non-Smokers do it first!