On 13/07/2015 14:58, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 05:19:46 -0700, walt wrote:
>
>> Today's update started as a disaster:  perl wants to upgrade from
>> 5.20.2 to 5.22.0, but all of my existing perl modules insist on having
>> 5.20.2 so the perl update blocks and then emerge stopped with an error
>> and left the whole mess for me to solve. (To me this appears to be a
>> bug in the perl family of ebuilds.)
>
> I've upgraded 4 machines so far and all of them handled it perfectly,
> updating Perl and then installing or reinstalling the modules.
>
> "emerge --update --deep --changed-use --ask -v --with-bdeps y --keep-going
> @system @world" reported
>
>  Total: 190 packages (49 upgrades, 141 reinstalls, 3
> uninstalls), Size of downloads: 6,246 KiB Conflict: 3 blocks
>
> The three blocks were handled automatically by portage.
>
> Which version of portage are you using?

Same here, a mostly problem-free upgrade with portage-2.2.20.
There was one file collision with perl-code/Encode, easily fixed rm

I'm also busy with a new install while all this is going on, and that
machine have some initial issues - something blocking perl-5.22.0 -
which has now gone away and I don't know what I did to make that happen
:-)  IIRC I manually upgraded portage to latest ~ (but a lot wqas going
on so can't be totally sure)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com