On 06/08/2015 20:28, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> On Thursday, August 06, 2015 02:59:09 PM Mick wrote:

>>> Ah! That's because it was I who made it up years ago and have told it to
>>> lots of people.
>>>
>>> About a year ago is obviously the first time I wrote it down :-)
>>
>> Run the same search for perl - it's probably more appropriate than php and
>> may find older samples of the same ol' saying.
>
> Nope, can't find a single hit with either line.
>
> Also would surprise me, as the largest part of the massive amount of bad code
> (mostly copy/pasted from each other) arrived after PHP appeared.

It works just as well for php, perl, basic, VB, J2EE frameworks and any
draggy-droppy workflow thing that claims to produce runnable code.

It seems that only C is immune, probably because of the high barrier to
entry that must be climbed before writing something useful (and hello
world is not useful :-) )

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com