On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, John Campbell wrote:
> On 08/18/2015 06:38 PM, walt wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:03:31 -0700
> > John Campbell <jdc....@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I haven't really been following this closely but I haven't seen any
> > > suggestion to use "emerge -1 --quiet=y smart-live-rebuild"  to remove
> > > the offending curses output.  Hopefully emerge doesn't check/use
> > > curses unless it's producing actual output.

>From the initial post it seems that the binary that has a problem is
bash/sh. They are both linked against tinfo/ncurses. And since portage
runs using bash... you see where I'm going with this. You could maybe use
a different shell (although I can't imagine a shell not using the terminal
capabilities ;) ), but still wouldn't be able to use portage.

> Maybe "emerge --quiet=y -a @smart-live-rebuild"

Smart live rebuild only deals with live ebuilds. How would it help in this
case?