On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 06:45:44PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 12/11/2015 18:42, Grant Edwards wrote:

[ .... ]

> The dev are doing some $MAGIC to reinstate ChangeLogs and the first run
> is expected to take a while (i.e. several hours). I suppose you can
> expect some breakage till it finishes.

> It's being discussed and tracked on gentoo-dev, you can drop a mail
> there with specifics to let the devs know what's happening.

Three days later.  I'm still getting this error message, but with a nasty
twist in the tail.  emerge -puND @world reports (amongst others) the
following update:

    [ebuild   R    ] sys-apps/busybox-1.23.1-r1  USE="-pam*"

, and the error message I get on actually trying to start the update is

    !!! Digest verification failed:
    !!! /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-9999.ebuild
    !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
    !!! Got: 8493
    !!! Expected: 8580

.  Why is the build system looking at the digest for version 9999 when it
should be rebuilding version 1.23.1-r1?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).