On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 09:59:28 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

>     [ebuild   R    ] sys-apps/busybox-1.23.1-r1  USE="-pam*"
>
> , and the error message I get on actually trying to start the update is
>
>     !!! Digest verification failed:
>     !!! /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-9999.ebuild
>     !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
>     !!! Got: 8493
>     !!! Expected: 8580
>
> .  Why is the build system looking at the digest for version 9999 when
> it should be rebuilding version 1.23.1-r1?

The manifest covers all files in the ebuild's directory. If one fails the
test, the entire directory is considered suspect so the ebuild has to be
skipped.

This has been going on a for a few days, there is an open bug but no
apparent solution. The manifests are now generated automatically when a
git commit is made, but there appears to be something going wrong with
the process in this instance.

--
Neil Bothwick

Megabyte: (n.) more than you can comprehend and less than you'll need.