On Friday 20 Nov 2015 17:07:47 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 20/11/2015 19:02, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> >>
> >> Have a look in the kernel of the Atom box and compare the RTC settings
> >> between the two boxen.
> >
> > Well, that was instructive - thanks Mick. I found a couple of settings
> > I'm sure I'd never have set knowingly, one of them a debug. After
> > removing them I still get the caught-an-interrupt and failed-to-start
> > errors, but now I find that chrony is apparently running well despite
> > the errors. At any rate, it logs the selection of a source five seconds
> > after it's started and the
> >
> > process is still running:
> >  2051 ?    S    0:00 /usr/sbin/chronyd -f /etc/chrony/chrony.conf -s -r
> >
> > I've had another check through the kernel config, comparing it with the
> > i5 config, and I've removed several more things that I think shouldn't
> > be there, but it's made no further difference.
>
> Well that's interesting. I suggest at this point you ask at chrony's
> support list - they'd know better than others what RTC settings their
> software needs.

I don't know what your settings are, but using the suggested by the ebuild new
config file (which is *very* much a stipped down sample of the previous
version) mine is not run with -s or -r.

I tried running chrony with all my old configuration settings and it barfed on
number of my entries.  So I suggest that you first run it with only the
settings provided in /usr/share/doc/chrony-2.2/chrony.conf.example1.bz2 and
then modify one setting at a time.

--
Regards,
Mick