Am 2015-12-13 um 11:39 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> Right now I am fiddling with getting Gnome installed and running.

I have X starting now. gdm as well, but with problems:

the mouse somehow pulls a "curtain" up and down ... so the display is
not correct. The lower part is one color only so I can't do anything
useful yet.

And the display seems to be shifted, "Activities" (should be left upper
corner) has the on/off and speaker symbols to its left.

If I pull the mouse down to the bottom of the screen the desktop snaps
into correct place.

Strange ;)

-

Is it possible that stable (in gentoo terms) Xorg does not yet fully
support skylake graphics?

btw I also placed the firmware from

https://01.org/zh/linuxgraphics/intel-linux-graphics-firmwares

into /lib/firmware/i915