Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I'm leery of all drives now.  I've had WDs fail, Seagate and
> some other brand.  I just keep buying bad stuff.  :-(   I'm glad I
> don't have to buy pacemakers.   :/

It seems that many many years ago HDs were more reliable then today.
I have five 4GB IBM SCSI HDs and one 40GB Seagate IDE HD in my cupboard
that I've used 24/7 for about 8 years. They were still intact when I
replaced  them.
But its hardly surprising that a drive with a capacity of some TB has
a higher risk of failure than a drive with a capacity of 4GB or 40GB.

Since about three years I'm using four 3TB WD red HDs as storage drives
and I bought two more some months ago. No failures with all of these
drives so far.

--
Regards
wabe