160707 Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>> If anyone else uses Xcdroast to write CDs or DVDs,
>> I suggest they read Bug 345337 & submit appropriate comments.
>> There seems to be no problem on single-user systems,
>> but a 6-year-old bug which applies to multi-user systems
>> is being used as an excuse to remove Xcdroast from the tree.
>> There was a similar issue with Nethack recently too.
> This should not be a problem, as long as you use Cdrtools
> that are more recent than from April 2013,
> when Linux started to support fine grained privileges in the userland.
> All you need to do is to is to disable the xcdroast suid wrapper.

Thanks for the prompt and useful response :
I've quoted it in the bug debate, with further comments.

I'm well aware of the lengthy debate on the Dev list re tree-cleaning,
which I intend to add a comment to later today.

PS James seems not to have read Bug 345337 : I suggest he does (smile).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca