On Monday 18 Jul 2016 01:26:12 Neil Bothwick wrote:

> > > Maybe it should, but it doesn't. It tries to name each file .png.
> >
> > I beg your pardon - my cognitive bias took over.  It does
> > auto-increment if the name of the picture exists, but it appears
> > that .png  is the default and only image format spectacle will use at
> > present.
>
> Not here. I take a screenshot and save it as "test_1.png". Then I take
> another and hit Save As, the name defaults to ".png".

Its behaviour is not as one would expect based on previous Kscreenshot
experience:

I set up the default file name in Configure Save Options as "Test".

I take a pic, press Ctrl+S and it is saved as "Test.png", second pic will be
saved as "Test-1.png", third pic saved as "Test-2.png" and so on.

If I leave the Configure Save Options name blank, then I have to give it a name
*with* a file extension or it will complain that the format is not available,
despite the drop down below the name field showing .png as being selected.

--
Regards,
Mick