On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> I've no idea how tightly bootctl (as gummibot is now called after its
> assimilation in the the systemd collective) is bound to systemd. It may
> well be feasible to create an ebuild that builds bootctl from the systemd
> sources without the rest of systemd, as is already done with udev.

It sounds like the integration isn't too tight at runtime at least.

Worst case just install systemd.  It doesn't do anything unless you
change your init= line on your kernel command line.

It sounds like the systemd team is looking into options for keeping
gummiboot around in some form for openrc users.

--
Rich