On 2017-02-19, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> And what pulls in NetworkManager? KDE's power manager with USE=wireless!

I despise NetworkManager.  Over the years, it has been the cause of
countless problems and hours of wasted time.  The first I do when
dealing with network problems on *buntu systems is uninstall
NetworkManager.

> Yes!  Madness.  What's wrong with good ol' wpa_supplicant and its GUI?

Which is spelled "emacs /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My haircut is totally
                                  at               traditional!