On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Gregory Woodbury <redwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a similar setup here in Frontier territory.  The ADSL circuit
> connects to their Netgeat/Westell B90
> which has wifi and 4 ethernet ports. One ethernet port connects to my
> "internal" DLink-615 which serves
> the rest of the unit.
>
> The only limiting link is the ADSL link, the rest of the place runs at
> 10/100/1000 depending on the device
> capabilities and switch limits. The DLink has a decent processor and only
> loses its mind occasionally when

I found this
https://www.cnet.com/products/d-link-dir-615-wireless-n-router/review/

I suppose it's not the same model?! Are you sure the DLink is not a bottleneck?

> a memory leak in their implementation overwrites part of the routing tables.

Would dd-wrt or tomato be an alternative to the original firmware?

know you have detected that the TP-link is underpowered and limiting your
> speeds, so replacing that seems
> to be you best option.

I just bought the TP-Link to replace an old ASUS. Another replacement
is not an option.

Regards,

Jorge