On 2017-04-20 14:48, Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.bela...@st.com> wrote:
> Danny YUE wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Maybe I am too stupid, but how can you emerge emacs-25 with xwidgets?
>>
>> Running `equey use emacs' shows:
>> ~ $ equery u emacs
>> [ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
>> [        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
>> [ Colors : set, unset                             ]
>>  * Found these USE flags for app-editors/emacs-25.2_rc2:
>>
>> Where is the xwidgets USE flag?
>>
>> I can see it by running `eix -e emacs' but setting that flag does not
>> work.
>>
>> `USE=xwidgets emerge -a emacs' does not work.
>>
>> Any idea? Thanks in advance for any clue.
>>
>> Danny
>>
>> .
>>

> $ euse -i -l xwidgets
> local use flags (searching: xwidgets)
> [-      ] xwidgets
>      app-editors/emacs: Enable use of GTK widgets in Emacs buffers
>      (requires GTK3)
>                (18) 18.59-r11 [gentoo]
>                (23) 23.4-r14 [gentoo]
>                (23) 23.4-r15 [gentoo]
>                (24) 24.4-r4 [gentoo]
>                (24) 24.5-r3 [gentoo]
>          [-  ] (25) 25.1 [gentoo]
>          [-  ] (25) 25.2_rc1 [gentoo]
>          [-  ] (25) 25.2_rc2 [gentoo]
>

> Maybe you need to set gtk3 also?
>
> raffaele

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, my emacs was already built with gtk3. I wanted to try xwidget
browser out just now, but found no corresponding USE flag.

Corresponding line in package.use:
app-editors/emacs xft imagemagick libxml2 gtk3 xwidgets

Still not working.

BTW I got:
~ $ euse -i -l xwidgets
local use flags (searching: xwidgets)
[-      ] xwidgets
    app-editors/emacs: Enable use of GTK widgets in Emacs buffers
    (requires GTK3)
              (18) 18.59-r11 [gentoo]
              (23) 23.4-r14 [gentoo]
              (23) 23.4-r15 [gentoo]
              (24) 24.4-r4 [gentoo]
              (24) 24.5-r3 [gentoo]
        [+P ] (25) 25.1 [gentoo]
        [+P ] (25) 25.2_rc1 [gentoo]
        [+P ] (25) 25.2_rc2 [gentoo]

[-      ] xwidgets
    app-editors/emacs-vcs: Enable use of GTK widgets in Emacs buffers
    (requires GTK3)
        [-  ] (25) 25.1.91 [gentoo]
        [-  ] (25) 25.2.9999 [gentoo]
        [-  ] (26) 26.0.9999 [gentoo]

It seems strange...euse tells me there is a xwidgets USE for emacs, but
equery says something different.

Weird...

Danny